Gaming Desktop Computers Under $600 Dollars
Many people enjoy video games, kids and adults alike. If you want a spot in enjoying the best game iterations this year acquiring a gaming desktop PC is the best way to do so. Today, marketers are intensive in pushing expensive laptops advertisements that exceeds your needs for the most part and don't cover your basic gaming needs. While gamers might be inclined to the $1500 price range for super slim gaming laptops, there are a decent gaming PCs for under $600 that will just do the trick, performing daily computing, provide entertainment and run the latest games in high definition. Here are the top 4 gaming PCs you can get for 600 dollars or less:
CYBERPOWERPC Gamer Ultra GUA3120A w
For a little under 600 dollars, the CYBERPOWERPC Gamer Ultra is a comprehensive performer featuring a Quad core AMD processor, 1 terabyte of internal space, 8 GB DDR3L RAM and the R7 250 2GB AMD graphics card. This prebuilt gaming package comes with a mouse and keyboard. Performance wise, the AMD FX-4300 offers a decent experience with 3.8Ghz of speed capable of turbo boost to 4.0Ghz. Though the R7 250 is not the most powerful graphics card out there, it still does a decent job of running some demanding titles such as Crysis, League of Legends Battlefield 4 and so on.
Pros of the CYBERPOWERPC Gamer Ultra
- Has a small footprint taking up little space on your desktop or entertainment center
- This prebuilt system comes with Windows 10 preinstalled
- Has matching keyboard and mouse with colored accents to adjust to your liking
- Beautiful case with plenty of space allowing for easy upgrades in the future
- The processor is a bit underpowered at 3.7Ghz
- No USB 3.0 ports, though the traditional USB 2.0 ports are in plenty.
- No wireless adapter.
SkyTech Archangel ST
SkyTech has produced a compelling desktop in the Archangel ST that is amongst the best desktop gaming computers under the 600-dollar price tag. The SkyTech Archangel features a six-core AMD FX 6300 processor that is clocked at 3.0Ghz. This workhorse coupled with 2G of NVIDIA GTX 750TI should have enough muscle to power through modern titles in high definition and ultra-settings mode.
With this power in your hands, gamers will be able to record, browse, stream and play all at the same time due to the 8 GB of RAM on board. The build has a modern look to it and encompasses the normal features like Wi-Fi, a DVD optical drive, USB drive, and HD audio output. To serve as reassurance and also save you on any expenses the SkyTech Archangel comes with a free 1-year warranty on labor and parts.
Pros of the SkyTech Archangel ST
- The cases white design brings an alluring feeling into your room or office whether you are a gamer or not.
- SkyTech support is very fast to respond to any queries should you have any questions about setup which is relatively easy.
- Features a decent processor that many custom builders like to include in their budget PC builds.
Cons of the SkyTech Archangel ST
- It's a bit frustrating that SkyTech couldn't put more than 8 GB of RAM with the strain of modern day gaming titles.
- For very graphics demanding games you have to tone down the resolution to medium or low setting to be able to play.
Dell Inspiron (i3650-3132)
A mid-level desktop computer the Dell Inspiron (i3650-3132) can serve both as a gaming machine or as a family computer. The Inspiron has solid processing power in the i5-6400. The processor entails four cores with a clock speed of 2.7Ghz which can be overclocked to 3.3Ghz. The Dell also sports 8 GB RAM, and 1Tb of HDD mingled with an NVIDIA Ge Force 730 graphics card.
Regarding ports, the Dell Inspiron i3650-3132RED has a total of six USB ports (two 3.0 and four 2.0). Output channels include VGA, HDMI, and DVI ports; it also supports dual display for those who are into that sort of thing. Connectivity-wise, there is a Wi-Fi card built in, Bluetooth 4.0, and RJ-45 port and of course, the normal DVD burner that comes standard for virtually all desktop PCS today.
Pros of the Dell Inspiron i3650-3132RED
- Occupies very little space on top of your desktop due to its overall compact build
Cons of the Dell Inspiron i3650-3132RED
- It sports one of the slower CPUs of this era.
- The graphics card used here is quite archaic.
Available at Amazon.com
Lenovo X315 (Discontinued)
This budget gaming desktop with a futuristic design and game-centric performance from Lenovo is a calling for hardcore gamers. Under the case, the Lenovo is armed with an AMD ATI Radeon R9 360 card that should be able to play strenuous gaming titles like Black Ops3 and counterstrike with a steady 90 to 100FPS in HD with graphics settings set to high. Its great gaming performance is possible thanks to the AMD FX 770K 3.5Ghz chip which is more than average for gaming PCs. Another feature that makes this desktop stand out is its storage options. Combining the traditional hard drive with an SSD makes for faster loading speeds when loading and playing games and is a pleasure when you get used to it. In addition, the 8GB RAM also allows the PCs to run many tasks simultaneously without necessarily losing frames.
Pros of the Lenovo X315
- Budget-friendly price tag starting at slightly over $500.
- The case is well built and has an aesthetic appeal to it.
- Comes with built-in Bluetooth and Wi-Fi that is hard to find on budget gaming PCS.
- The I/O features everything you need with a full array of ports at this price range.
- The performance still leaves a lot to be desired.
- Though it comes with a mouse and keyboard, they are mediocre at best, and you will find yourself shopping for better alternatives.