Best Countertop Bread Machines
Bread is back! And it's back in style! Breadmakers have been around for decades but have recently enjoyed a resurgence as more and more people are looking to make bread at home. And just like any piece of technology, there is a level of sophistication for everyone.
Please note that due to covid, people are buying more bread machines and backing more bread. The links are for convenience, but they may not be available online.
Breadman Professional Bread Maker (BK1050S)
This professional breadmaker comes with 14 pre-programmed settings: white, whole wheat, and French bread all in regular or rapid bake, sweet bread, quick bread, low carb, gluten free, dough, artisan dough, jam, and bake only. The brand isn't called Breadman for no reason. There are also fruit and nut dispensers so these extra ingredients are added at the right time, allowing for more intricate creations. Three loaf sizes and different crust colour options as well as a delay timer means this machine can make almost anything you want.
- Collapsible Kneading Paddle - The smartly designed kneading paddle collapses before baking to prevent holes in the bottom of loaves
- Perfect Bake Technology - Engineered to bake evenly for a uniform crust color, consistent texture, and excellent flavor
- Measuring Cup and Spoon Included. Wattage(Watts): 850
- 14 Baking Functions - Simply select the type of bread you wish to make and how light or dark you want it. This machine includes controls for gluten-free, low-carb, and artisan loaves
Available at Breadman.com, amazon.com, and walmart.com
Cuisinart Convection Bread Maker (CBK-200)
This convection breadmaker has almost the same settings as the Breadman above, with the addition of a rapid sweet breads and a “last minute loaf”, giving you a loaf in less than an hour, as well as the size and crust options. This breadmaker differs in that it will give you audible tones to help you bake better. It signals when you should add in ingredients to be mixed in, when you can remove the paddle, and finally when the bread is done. Cuisinart also wants to keep you going in the dark with a built-in power failure backup, so you can enjoy that loaf you started to candlelight!
- 16 preprogrammed menu options, 3 crust colors, and 3 loaf sizes offer over 100 bread, dough/pizza dough, sweet cake and jam choices.
- Low Carb and Gluten-Free preset menu options and recipes. A Cuisinart exclusive!
- Special menu option takes basic dough through several long, slow cool rises for chewier textures and rustic crusts.
- Unique convection feature circulates air for superior crust color, and texture. BPA Free
- Audible tone indicates time to add fruit, nuts and other "mix-ins." Second tone offers option of removing paddle before baking, or removing unbaked dough to shape by hand.
- Additional Options: 15-minute Pause, Bake-Only option, 12-Hour-Delay Start, Timer and Power Failure Backup
- Limited 3-year warranty, 680 watts
Sold at Cuisinart.com, amazon.com, and homedepot.com
Panasonic Automatic Bread Maker with Yeast Dispenser (SD-YD250)
At this point, all the breadmakers are beginning to blend together. We get it, they make bread! They can even make different types of bread at different times and sing me a tune! But there's one last worthy mention, the Panasonic. While it only has 6 baking options, what separates this breadmaker from the rest is its ability to dispense the yeast at the correct moment. This excellent feature makes the difference particularly when used with the time-delay; yeast being added at the right time will allow the bread to be soft and light as the yeast hasn't had time to slow its growth in the dough.
- 3 choices of loaf sizes and up to 2-1/2 pounds loaf capacity, ideal bread machine for modern family
- Settings for white, whole wheat, multigrain, French, quick breads/cakes
- 13-hour delay start timer and programmable menu options make meal planning easier
- Automatically adds yeast at the optimum time to ensure perfect bread
- With non-stick inner bake pan and build-in handle, finished bread is easily removed from the unit
This item goes in and out of stock. When it is in stock you might catch one at amazon.com, or walmart.com
Zojirushi BB-HAC10 Home Bakery Mini Breadmaker
If your home isn't full of kids needing to consume and burn carbs, the Zojirushi might be just for you! This little bakery-in-a-box makes 1 lb loaves, just the right size for two. The Zojirushi lets you elect the bread 'textures', in either regular, firm, or soft. This little breadmaker does just do bread; the menu can be set to basic bread, French, dough, cookie/pasta dough, cake, jam, and quick bread. Are you in a hurry? The quick baking cycle will have your bread ready in under 2 hours, just in time for brunch! Or delay it up to 13 hours to have the loaf warm at the right moment. The compact size and built-in handle allows it to be moved and stored away with ease when not in use.
- Programmable breadmaker produces 1 pound loaves of cakes or breads
- Settings for cookie/pasta dough and fresh fruit jams; quick-bake cycle
- 13-hour delay timer; LCD control panel; viewing window; carrying handle
- Nonstick kneading blade and baking pan; instructions and recipes included
- Measures 8 by 11 by 12 inches; 1-year warranty. Electrical rate is 120 volts or 450 watts
This item goes in and out of stock. When it is in stock you might catch one at bestbuy.com